Wednesday, 15 February 2012

how much should we consume

it always been a widely asked question: how much we need?
now a days I have started to ponder over that why we work, what actually we want in our life. sometimes I feel that our generation after exerting so much, working day and night for better life, is living worse than our father's lived. I remember they find time for friends, to see relatives in their hard times and most importantly after all work they play and have a sound sleep. I find too hard to get leave to spend time for others. We are always in a hurry to make money to purchase new items which we feel should own them for some or other reason known or most of time unknown to us. We buy things to satisfy one demand and that purchase creates further more demand and the cycle goes on and on.
So what is the solution to come out of this mess?
I think, to start, we should first decide how much we need to live better? let's say, how many shirts i need in my wardrobe, 7 or 8 or 10. choose them and gift rest of the shirts to somebody more needy. I am sure by doing so it will help me lot. And similarly we should try this for other items also.
Let's take example of Car. What should be the size and capacity of my car? Do I need a big 8 seat car for a family of a couple with a cute little angel that too on a loan? My answer is no. First of all i should specify my needs and then decide my requirements. I should not take decisions on what people will say about my car as they are not going to pay for it. My own requirements for a city car should govern my demand.
What we need most is to decide and clearly write it down on a pad how much I need and why? Otherwise its only our bad decisions that are going to ruin my life rather than anything else.
May GOD bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment